A 15-Minute Interactive Lesson From Prof. Clay Christensen
Help me get a prescription without seeing a doctor and without waiting for an unknown amount of time.
Help me make it easier to get my problem solved by a simple prescription.
Help me to get the prescription to cure a yes/no disease.
Help me with an easy to access health care option that requires minimal physician intervention and interpretation
Help me to find the solution for the ear ache for my daughter now
The Jobs to be Done pyramid has four categories:
- Articulating the job to be done
- Defining the experiences that the customer needs to have to nail the job perfectly
- Determining how to integrate the organization to deliver the job to be done
- Creating a purpose brand
For Minute Clinic, here is an example of how the job to be done pyramid could be filled out:
- Job to be Done: Help me to quickly and conveniently, get the healthcare I need without seeing a doctor.
- Experience: Every aspect of the service must allow the patient to get their job done in a "quick" and "convenient" way.
- The clinic shouldn't take long to get to
- Filling prescriptions should be simple
- The health care provided should still match the healthcare that one would receive from a doctor
- Integration: MinuteClinic should:
- Put their clinics in city centers where patients go often
- Place clinics near pharmacies
- Hire nurse practitioners who can give "doctor-level" service for simple illnesses
- Purpose Brand: The name "MinuteClinic" will resonate with anyone wishing for quick healthcare.